A bite is considered to be healthy when all or most of the teeth are present and not destroyed by normal daily usage.
It is destructive when teeth show wear, looseness or when TMJ (jaw joint) damage is seen. Bite therapy helps restore a bite that can function without damage and destruction. The therapy may include:
- Reshaping the biting surfaces of the teeth and eliminating spots of excessive pressure where the teeth are brought into contact. This is done by carefully dividing bite pressures evenly across all of the teeth.
- Bite appliance /splint therapy using a custom-fitted and adjusted plastic bite guard to keep the teeth apart which is worn during the day, at night, or both.
- Braces to reposition mal-aligned or drifted teeth.
- Replacement of old, worn out, or damaged fillings.
- Reconstruction of badly worn and damaged teeth.
Are You Worried About the Health of Your Gums?
Schedule a Consultation Today and Find the Relief You Deserve!