Dear valued patients,
We hope that you are healthy and dealing positively with this bizarre pandemic. We have been through a most trying time and now we will try to return to some level of normalcy (a new normal to be sure). Now that we are reopening our practice, we are looking forward to resuming delivery of the high quality periodontal care you are accustomed to in the safest environment possible.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that you receive treatment that is safe and comfortable. We follow infection control recommendations made by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the American Dental Association (ADA). We continually monitor the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. As a faculty member of the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, I have access to and have adopted many of the best practices from the Dental School into our office.
Your safety and that of our staff are of paramount importance. You will see significant changes that will protect both you and us. We are aware that some of this may seem extreme, but we ask your indulgence as we move forward into this uncharted territory.
You will see some physical and procedural changes in the office:
- All the magazines and literature have been removed from the waiting area.
- A wellness screen has been installed at the front desk.
- We have removed our beautiful fake plants from the operatories.
- We have installed five Hepa Air Filtration Systems that exchange the air every 5 minutes.
- We will work out of the two rooms with hard floors for now (our carpeted room is on furlough).
- We will all be wearing masks at all times.
- We will be wearing KN95 masks and full face shields for all treatment.
- We will be wearing hair caps, shoe coverings and gowns for any treatment generating splatter.
- We will stagger starting times of appointments to reduce the number of people coming and going at at the same time.
- We will add 15 minutes to each appointment to disinfect, allow for air change and prepare for the next patient.
- We will be disinfecting waiting room surfaces, door knobs, chair arms, etc. on a regular basis.
- We will have limited seating in waiting room to insure 6 foot social distancing.
What we will ask of you:
- One Day prior to your appointment we will contact you with basic screening questions.
- We will ask you to take your temperature at home the day before and the day of the appointment. If it is over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, we will ask you to cancel your appointment.
- When you come to the office for your appointment, we will ask you to call us from your car and we will let you know when to come in.
- When you come in we will hand you a mask if you are not already wearing one.
- We will dispense hand sanitizer.
- We will ask the screening questions again and have you sign the form.
- We will take your temperature.
- We will then seat you for treatment.
- We will ask you to do a pre-procedural anti-viral peroxide mouth rinse.
- We will ask you to call us if you develop symptoms within 14 days of your dental appointment.
- Please bring your own headphones if you like to listen to music.
- Please bring your own blanket or sweater to keep warm as the office will be kept cool.
- Please bring into the office only what you absolutely need – we will ask you to place your items in a plastic bag that we will provide.
Call us at Robert M. Benedon, DMD Phone Number 856-424-0580 with any questions or to make an appointment.856-424-0580 Request Appointment
Covid-19 Patient Infection Prevention Fee.
In order to ensure the safety of our patients and staff, we have instituted all the preventive measures noted above. Because of the increased costs associated with purchasing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including high level disposable masks, gowns, suction devices, air purification systems, etc., a small fee will be added to every visit. The fee presently is $20 per visit which could increase, decrease or be eliminated depending on the ever changing status of COVID-19 and the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control.
We are looking forward to getting back to work and seeing you again. We have postponed many appointments over the last two plus months and will do our best to reschedule you as quickly as possible. Please call the office beginning on June 9th and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we have taken to keep you safe in our practice and get you rescheduled.
Thank you for your continued confidence in our practice during this trying time. I have spoken with many of you and your friendship, support and good wishes have been so personally rewarding – I can’t thank you enough.
Please stay healthy and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Bob, Eileen, Lina, Alison & Colleen